Tremendous – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking and Writing
Tremendous (adj) /tri’mendəs/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
Meaning: extraordinarily large in size or extent or amount or power or degree
Synonyms: enormous, big, large, sizable, immense
Antonyms: awful, frightful, terrible, extraordinary
- tremendous fact
- tremendous noise
For IELTS Speaking:
He’s a better pitcher than he’s ever been. He’s having a tremendous season.
For IELTS Writing:
While Republicans met in Cleveland, Clinton and her top advisers were going through the list in tremendous detail.
Keep improving your vocabulary for IELTS & find some exercises for vocabulary on Quizlet.
If you have any questions or come up with any useful vocabulary for the IELTS test, please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Kristine Nguyen (see all)
- 12 useful idioms about Time to achieve IELTS Speaking band 8.0 - September 6, 2016
- Daily IELTS Reading Practice Test 22 - September 1, 2016
- IELTS Listening Practice Test 32 - August 31, 2016