- Do you think people should be polite? Why?
In my opinion, politeness should be considered as a basic virtue that every person must acquire. Being well-mannered may not get you straight to the highest position at work within one day, but would give you respect, trust and kindness from other people, all of which are beneficial for you in a long run. Furthermore, politeness can partially reflect your educational background and your proffession as well.
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – May 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Egypt – May 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2018 – Topic & Questions: Politeness & Band 8.0 Sample
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic & Questions in 2018 – Topic: Leisure Time
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) – Topic: Travel & Holidays & Suggested Answers
Virtue (n): goodness
Well-mannered (adj): polite, showing good manner
In a long run (phrase): long term
To be beneficial for (adj): to provide advantages for SO or to aid SO
2. How do people in your culture show good manners towards others?
Good manners can be shown in a wide range of acts in our culture. For example, when we run into people who are older than us like our parents, grandparents or our university lecturers, we say hi and bow our head to show our respect towards them. Additionally, when we talk to them, we use certain pronouns and words to indicate the age gap between that person and us. Another example is our tone when we speak. Raising the voice, scream or shout to others would leave the worst impression.
a wide variety/range of (phrase): to have many options to choose from
To run into (v): to meet SO unexpectedly
3. Who taught you to be polite?
I guess similar to most people, I was raised to be a polite person by my parents. As I spent most of my time around them, they tried to set good example for me. They also gave me advice and told me moral stories about how being polite and kind to others can help me a lot in real life.
To set good example (v): to behave in a way that others should copy
To be well-prepared for your IELTS test from June to August, you can get our ebook titled “IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers“.