Describe a skill you need long time to learn
You should say:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2019 – Topic: Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
- Band 9 Part 2 & 3 Sample with Audio – Topic: Describe a film or TV show that made you laugh a lot
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample in 2019 – Topic: Describe something you do to help you study or work
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- What it is
- Where you can learn it
- How to learn it
- And explain why you need long time to learn it
I would like to talk about learning a language, which definitely requires a lot of time and patience. I think many people go into learning a language expecting to speak fluently after a few short months which can lead them to disappointment. I think to truly be fluent in a language, you need at least 3 years, preferably living and immersing yourself in that country. Language starts with the grammar and sentence structure, then being able to listen and respond, then onto reading and writing which is a whole different ball game (a different challenge). Even those who can communicate effectively would still struggle to read a novel or literature in that language.
You can begin to learn a language in various ways. For one, you can learn it in school and a language center, which is a good base for grammar especially. Secondly, you can study it on your own, maybe even by watching youtube videos, series/ movies, listening to music, etc. which is becoming more of a trend nowadays due to the high costs of studying at a language center. Moreover, you can learn it by starting a relationship with someone and figuring out a way to communicate after some time – I think it usually happens fast when you catch feelings (to start feeling emotions for someone) for someone who doesn’t speak the same language! Lastly, you can move to that country and pick it up there. I would say this is the best way, although many don’t have this opportunity.
I think language learning is a tedious (long, detailed) process because it involves many different skills, such as memorization, pronunciation, grammar, etc., and requires you to think outside of the box, which doesn’t come easily for some. Moreover, I think it takes your brain a long time to accept another language when you’ve spent your whole life making memories in one. All in all, it is no easy task.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!