Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations-Key Word:Report
- Use the correct form of these verbs:
- The committee are due to______their long- awaited report on the health service next week.
- A spokesman refused either to confirm or______the reports that bank rates were about to rise.
- I’ve got to______a report on our financial situation to the board meeting on Friday.
- The report______some of the problems in schools today. In particular, it identifies the main causes of violence and lack of discipline.
- The report calls for a total ban on smoking in night clubs. It also______that all buildings be fitted with smoke detectors.
- Initial reports______the train driver for the accident, but the official report released yesterday exonerated the driver from all responsibility.
Go back and underline all the verb collocations.
Common Adjective Collocations
2. Use the following adjectives in these sentences:
- In a few minutes we hope to bring you a______report from the games in Australia via satellite.
- A______and in-depth report on the Prime Minister’s resignation will follow shortly.
- The government complained that the BBC’s reports of the war were______. It expected the BBC’s reporting to be objective and impartial.
- The version of events given by the army was contradicted by______reports from locals.
- The committee published a______report on the running of the company. In particular, it is highly critical of senior management.
- ______reports said that at least eighty people had been killed in riots. However, a government spokesman claimed that these reports were greatly exaggerated.
Go back and underline all the other interesting collocations in this exercise.
3. Complete the sentences with these nouns:
- The government has accepted the key______in Lord Talbot’s recently published report on drug-taking among school-age children.
- I will send you a______of the report as soon as it is ready.
- There will be an investigation to find out who leaked the______of the report to the press.
- The government has decided that______of the report would be contrary to the public interest.
- I spent all morning putting the finishing______to my report.
- The company will have to revise some of its health and safety procedures in the______of this report.
Types of Report
4. Match the two halves of these sentences:
|1. Tune into Radio while driving-the traffic and weather reports are||a. on the offender.|
|2. The judge will delay his verdict until he receives a medical report||b. on what has happened so far?|
|3. Can you give us a progress report?||c. always up to the minute.|
|4. The chairman of the company presented the annual report||d. as pure speculation.|
|5. She dismissed the newspaper reports of the break-up of her marriage||e. to the shareholders.|
2. You may hear this on the television news:
Also check :