Describe a time you had to change your plan
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time when you solved a problem via the Internet
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample in 2019 – Topic: Describe something you do to help you study or work
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topic in 2017 – Describe a shop just opened in your hometown
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
- IELTS Speaking Cue Card Sample 59 – Topic: A TV Program Inspires You
- what the plan was;
- why you changed it;
- what you did instead;
- and explain how you felt about changing the plan.
Last year I was working in an international company and doing quite well, so I was offered a big promotion to become a manager. Needless to say, I was very happy with this good news. However, I’d been preparing myself for the new position when I received another piece of good news: a scholarship from a prestigious university in America covering all expenses, including tuition and accommodation, an enviable package.
Apparently I was in a dilemma, not knowing whether to stay and further my career or to go and further my education. So I decided to ask my friend, Hugo, for his advice, because he once faced a very similar choice. He was like, If you want to go far in this field, you have to possess excellent qualifications, because if you don’t there’s a limit to how far up you can reach, this promotion may look good now, but as far as I see there’s little room left for development.
I took his advice and am now studying in America.