Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
Time is a tricky topic. It demands complete command over tenses. You need to know grammar related to the past, present and future.
Be through with all the 12 tense forms listed below
- Past simple
- Past continuous
- Past perfect
- Past perfect continuous
- Present simple
- Present continuous
- Present perfect
- Present perfect continuous
- Future simple
- Future continuous
- Future perfect
- Future perfect continuous
Familiarising yourself with the above tense forms will help you express yourself in a better way.
Now for the vocabulary:
|On the dot||On time|
In the 1 minute time for preparation, concentrate on the grammar and vocabulary. Be sure whether you want to use present or past. Think about when to use “have had” and “had’. Concentrate on the subject verb agreement, i.e., when to use “has” and “have”. Many people get tricked here.
If you’re careful with all the above details, there can be no flaw in your talk. If you are successful in using a good vocabulary too, nothing can stop you from getting a band 9.
Take care not to dig too much into details and avoid challenging your memory. You can even develop content from what you remember vaguely. In some cases you may not find words to describe all that you want to say. Don’t panic when you stammer, because if you do, you will repeat it over and over. If you falter in one sentence , rectify it in the next sentence. If the examiner senses that you’re aware of your mistakes, and you’re able to correct them, then you’re in a better position.
Given below are a list of repeated IELTS cue cards for the topic – Time
- Describe one of your Family Member You Spend The Most Time With
- Time You Used a Foreign Language to communicate
- A time you miss an appointment
- Something you did which was a waste of time
- Describe a time when you were looked at the sky
- Describe a time when you heard some good news
- Describe a time when you were very busy
- Describe a time when you were very afraid
- Describe a time when you were stuck in a traffic jam
- Describe a time when you had to go to a hospital or see a doctor
- Describe a situation (or time) when you received some useful advice
- A time when someone apologized to you
- Describe a time when you got lost
- Describe A time When you borrowed something
- Describe a time you received a call from someone you do not know
- Describe a time when you used the internet to solve a problem
- Describe a time you had to change your plan
- Describe a time you received terrible service
- Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Describe How You Would Spend Your Day Off
- Describe an appointment that was put ahead of the schedule
- Describe Something you Want to do if You get Free Time
- Describe Something you Want to do But don’t Have Time For
- Describe a time you taught something new to a young person