Describe something you brought back from a tourist attraction
You should say:
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
What is it?
Where you brought it?
Why you brought it?
and explain how did you feel about it.
I’m going to talk about a piece of calligraphy that means a lot to me.
It was quite a few years ago, when I was a senior in high school. At the time I was preparing for my university entrance exam, feeling worried and nervous all the time.
In order to feel better I went to a place called ABC, the first university of my country, to buy some lucky souvenirs. The place is situated in the centre of our capital, its architecture typical of the feudal times, looking very distinct from the modern buildings in its surroundings.
At the entrance I noticed people in traditional clothing offering calligraphy service. I briefly told one of them what I needed and he soon produced a piece of calligraphy that roughly translates to “success in exams”. I happily paid the fee, took a walk around the complex and then went home.
I don’t know whether my lucky calligraphy worked, but I got a very good result and was accepted to my dream university. Till this day, I still have the piece of writing hung in my living room.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!