Describe something you bought but you do not often use
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- Band 9 Part 2 Sample – Topic: Describe a skill you need long time to learn
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 68 – Topic: Describe a Natural Landscape
- IELTS Cue Card Sample: Describe an experience you spent time with a child
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a TV program that made you laugh a lot
- what it is
- when and where you bought it
- why you bought it
- and explain why you don’t often use it.
I’m going to talk about an iPad that I bought a few years back.
In my third year at university, I received an amount of grant for good academic performance, which was worth about 700 dollars. I had been curious about the iPad because I had never had a chance to use one. So I decided, quite impulsively, that I would buy one.
I imagined there would be so many things that I could do with this device, like writing homework, reading books, chatting with friends and playing games. But later I found out that it wasn’t as convenient as I thought. Though already quite small in size, it is still too heavy to carry for a long time. And it can’t replace a computer as it doesn’t have a real keyboard.
Once the novelty wore off, I just left my iPad sitting around. In hindsight, that 700 dollars should have been spent on a course or something like that!