a level of
1 Verb + level of
Use the correct form of these verbs:
measure reach reduce require
- After two years of study he has ____________ a reasonable level of competence in English.
- He works as an air-traffic controller. It’s a job that____________ a high level of concentration.
- Few people would disagree that something should be done to____________ the level of crime in the area.
- A breathalyser is a device used by traffic police to____________ the level of alcohol in the blood.
2 Level of + noun
Complete the sentences with these nouns:
frustration violence pollution fitness
- We have exercise classes which cater for all levels of ____________ .
- I think that children today are exposed to unacceptable levels of ____________ on television.
- The results of a recent survey show a growing level of ____________ among hospital doctors. Many are thinking of leaving the profession.
- Increased levels of air____________ in the city centre represent a major health hazard to the local residents.
- It is difficult to find good staff with the level of____________ required for this job.
- Many patients experience high levels of ____________ before a major operation.
- What is the government doing about the high level of ____________ in this country?
- After the exam all the students complained about the level of ____________ of the maths test. Most of them couldn’t even attempt half of the questions.
Ex 1: 1. reached 2. requires 3. reduce 4. measure
1 fitness 2. violence 3.frustration 4. pollution
4 expertise 6. anxiety 7. unemployment 8. difficulty
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Editor (see all)
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing - April 1, 2018
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule - March 26, 2018
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise - November 20, 2017