Enlarge Your Vocabulary for IELTS-Key Word:Trouble
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- Use the correct form of these verbs:
|ask for||get into||give|
- I’m sorry I’m late. I______a lot of trouble finding somewhere to park.
- Parking in London is a nightmare! You’d______yourself a lot of trouble by taking the train.
- My car is __________ me a lot of trouble at the moment. I think it’s the cold weather.
- Anybody who drives a car at 150 kilometres an hour is simply______trouble.
- If you don’t deal with this problem, you’re only______trouble for yourself in the future.
- He______a lot of trouble for writing on the walls of the school toilets.
2. Use these nouns in the sentences:
- I’ve had more than my fair______of trouble this week – certainly more than I deserved!
- You wouldn’t believe the______of trouble I’ve had with this video recorder. It’s never worked!
- Buying you a birthday present is the______of my troubles. I can’t even pay my rent!
- I’ve had no______of trouble finding a hotel room. There’s a big conference on in town.
3. Match up the sentence with the situation:
|1. I’ve got engine trouble.||a. I did everything I could.|
|2. I’m in financial trouble.||b. I was caught drinking and driving.|
|3. I’m in serious trouble with the police.||c. I hurt it on a skiing holiday.|
|4. I’ve got back problem.||d. My car won’t start.|
|5. I’m in big trouble at school.||e. I have debts of over £20,000!|
|6. I went to enormous trouble to help her.||f. I didn’t turn up for a recent exam.|
4. Trouble is also used to describe a situation in which people argue or fight. Use the correct form of these verbs:
|break out||stay out of||look for|
- My sister is always trying to______trouble between me and my boyfriend. I think she’s jealous.
- My parents warned me to steer clear of trouble. =>Yeah. Mine told me if I didn’t______trouble they wouldn’t let me go out at night.
- I don’t______any trouble in this bar, so if you don’t mind, just finish your drinks and leave.
- There have been riots in the capital, and trouble has also______in other cities.
- He says he doesn’t______trouble, but he always seems to be getting into fights.
- I think trouble is______I overheard a couple of people talking about a strike.
1. Note in 3-4 trouble is also used to talk about health problems:
2. Note how we describe being in a lot of trouble:
3. Note these expressions:
4. We use the expression ‘it’s no trouble’ to mean that something is not a problem:
5. We also use trouble when we have made a special effort:
- asking for
- storing up
- got into
- stir up
- stay out of
- broken out
- look for
Also check :