Essay Writing By Gabi Duigu is a comprehensive resource for passing the IELTS Writing Task 2 section of the IELTS test with a band of 6.5-7.0 or higher.
This is a step-by-step guide of how to excel in the IELTS writing task 2 and also other similar essay types. It also contains study materials and answer keys that are useful for self-studies, IELTS test preparation and also to develop preparation and IELTS writing skills of IELTS.
- 1 Book Description:
- 2 IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 2) 2020 with Sample Answers-Ebook
- 3 Main Content:
For most students sitting the IELTS Test, Writing Task 2 is the most difficult part they will encounter.
This book will help IELTS learn a hike up IELTS Writing score by describing a step-by-step approach to writing essays for the IELTS Academic Writing Module Task 2 and for other similar essay tasks. It also provides exercises to practice the stages individually as well as giving a list of typical essay topics, and there are model essays. The Answer Key provides explanations as well as answers.
takes you step by step through all the stages of essay writing:
- analysing the topic
- finding the right ideas
- organising the ideas
- using the right language
provides precise and practical explanations of the
principles of essay writing
gives plenty of examples and models
gives meaningful and directly relevant exercises, with clear, objective and explanatory answers in the Answer Key.
SELF STUDY USE:
Students will find that it is easy to use this book for self-study.
This book has been extensively used in classrooms. It is highly effective for discussion and group work in class. This is a companion book to Visuals: Writing about Graphs, Tables and Diagrams.
Stage 1: The Question
1.Understanding the Question
- Analyzing the Question
Stage 2: Selecting and presenting ideas
- Finding ideas (Brainstorming, finding more ideas, using examples, the “what if not” situation, looking at the other side)
- Selecting ideas (Solutions to Problems, evaluation, classification of ideas, types of classification, selecting relevant ideas, level of generalization, overgeneralization, and exaggeration)
- Organizing ideas (Ranking ideas, consequences, comparisons, alternatives, speculation)
Stage 3: Writing
- Using the right grammar, vocabulary, and style
- The Sections of the essay (The introduction, the body, the conclusion)
- Style (Modifiers, overgeneralization, overemphasis, understatement and confusion, waffle, formulaic and thoughtless writing, immature writing, cultural differences in style)
About the Author:
Gabi Duigu has been teaching English for Academic Purposes and Test Preparation in many countries, and to students from even more countries,
for over 30 years.
She has been an IELTS examiner since 1990.
Download Essay Writing (Ebook) Mirror 1
Also check :