One of the best books for IELTS Academic Writing Task 1: Visuals-Writing about Graphs, Tables and Diagrams by Gabi Duigu
- 1 Introduction and Overview
- 2 IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 2) 2020 with Sample Answers-Ebook
Introduction and Overview
Many books exist that are guides to academic writing for native speakers. There are also a number for non-native speakers. Of these, quite a few deal with the use of graphs, tables and other visuals. However, they normally explain how to insert or use these visuals to make your work more interesting and easy to understand. They do not usually explain how to write about these visual aids.
The primary purpose of this book is to help you with the Writing Task 1 of the IELTS Academic test. However, because it attempts to deal with the language required in a systematic way, you may find that much of the information it contains could be useful to you later during your studies, if you ever need to use graphs, tables or the like in your work. So perhaps you should not give the book away as soon as you have passed your IELTS.
In order to write about visuals, as required in IELTS Academic Writing Task 1, it is necessary to understand what to write, as well as how to write it. The first section of this book, therefore, begins with a discussion about the primary purpose and features of graphs, tables, and other visuals, and provides exercises to practise identifying these correctly.
The later sections then go on to deal with the language required to write about them. There arc vocabulary’ lists, explanations about meaning and grammar, and exercises. There is also an Answer Key, and model answers are provided, so that the book can be used for self-study as well as class-room use.
Since most of the IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 questions deal with graphs and tables, and since they require specific interpretation and writing conventions, we will first focus on these.
- precise and practical explanations
- systematic vocabulary lists with explanations about use
- extensive examples and models
- meaningful and directly relevant exercises
- complete answer key included
- Ebook, 64 pages
o Writing the Introduction
o Time expressions
o Expressions of Measurement
o Vocabulary and Grammar
FREE DOWNLOAD – Visuals: Writing About Graphs, Tables and Diagrams
To read more Model Answers of Band 8.0+ for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1, you can check out these posts:
- Useful tips and vocabulary to describe a graph or chart in IELTS Writing Task 1
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 24 – Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 35 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 41 – Line Graph
Also check :