There is one more part of the IELTS examination where you are asked to explain the Line graph. The line graph shows how the data changes over time. These line graphs will have 2 axes, one is X-axis and one more is Y-axis.
The X-axis shows the time period and the Y-axis shows what is being measured. The line graph highlights the trends that are when the data goes up and down. You should take at least 20 minutes to complete this task and it should be a 150-word essay.
Tips for IELTS Writing Task 1 Line Graph
- In the introduction part of the essay, you can paraphrase the question asked or the topic of the essay.
- When you explain the overall trend add the main feature and explain it.
- Ensure that each paragraph has the examples that are percentage or the numbers to support the sentence written as an explanation.
- You can look into the various lessons available regarding the line graph in order to answer the complex questions or the topics asked.
- The last tip is to practice as much as possible so that you get a good hold on what to write in the examination when the complex question arises.
Writing the exam without practicing is waste because you will not be able to understand anything that has appeared in the exam. It may feel complex and test-takers may skip the question which in turn will reduce your IELTS band score.
Below are the links provided with different line graphs with the sample answers which you can refer in order to get an idea of how the answering of line graph works.