You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : different methods of waste disposal in four cities – Bar Chart
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : numbers of male and female research students studying six computer science subjects at a US university – Bar Graph
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : global population percentages and distribution of wealth by region – Bar Chart
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : relationship between a numbers of different languages – Diagram
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic : proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in UK – Pie Chart
The line graph shows Paris Metro station passengers. Summarise the information by selecting and report in the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words
Model answer 01:
The line-graph indicates the number of people using a metro station in Paris over a given day of year.
Also check: IELTS Writing Task 1
The number of passengers rises sharply in the morning reaching a peak of 400 at 8 am. After the morning peak there is a steady drop to 300 at 9 am and less than 200 at 10 am. Between 10 am and 11 am there is a slight increase. The number plateaus just below 300 between 12 noon and 2 pm. In the afternoon, there is a decline in the number of citizens using the station to just 80 at 4 pm. The evening brings a huge increase from 200 at 5 pm to almost 400 at 6 pm. The number of passengers tapers off slightly after 6 pm, but falls quickly to 120 by 8 pm. After a small rise at 9 pm, the number tails off to 120 at 10 pm.
All in all, the time series show that the greatest number of passengers gather in the station early in the morning and also early in the evening.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)