Task 1: International conferences in 3 cities (line)
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 8th September With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 25th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 28th July With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 21st July With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
The graph shows the information about international conferences in three capital cities in 1980 – 2010
Paraphrase: shows>compares; in terms of; hosted; between 1980 and 2010.
Overview/summary paragraph: (1) the number of conferences declined in Cities A and B (2) contrast rapid increase in the figures for City c.
Paragraph 3: City A and City B: compare 1980 numbers; give numbers for 2005, when both cities hosted the same number of international conferences; compare final numbers in 2010.
Paragraph 4: contrast City c trend and numbers, giving figures for 1980,1990, 2000 and 2010.
The line graph compares three capital cities in terms of the number of international conferences hosted between 1980 and 2010.
Overall, it is clear that the number of international conferences in City A and City B declined over this period. In contrast, in City c the number of such conferences saw a rapid increase until the year 2000.
In 1980, there were 35 international conferences in City A, compared with 30 in City B. Despite similar fluctuations, these figures then decreased overall, until in 2005 both cities hosted 27 conferences. By 2010, conferences in City B had overtaken the number in City
A, with 26 and 24 international conferences respectively.
City c held no international conferences in 1980. However, it was the venue for 20 conferences in 1990, and by the year 2000 this figure had risen dramatically to 35. The number then remained higher than in the other two cities, although it fell slightly to 31 conferences by the end of the period.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics & Questions with Suggested Answers (PDF) - February 28, 2019
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Vol 6 (Ebook) - February 27, 2019
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Saudi Arabia – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers - February 25, 2019