IELTS Writing Task 1
The chart below shows the percentage of female members of parliament in 5 European countries from 2000 to 2012
- IELTS Registration 2020 – How to Register for IELTS Examination in India (Dates,Fees,Eligibility, Scholarship, Pattern and Syllabus)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Band 9 Model Answers with Audio – Topic: Teachers
- IELTS Reading Test 2 in 2018 with Answers
- IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 (Process) & Band 9 Model Sample
- Get IELTS Band 9 In Writing Task 1 Data Charts and Graphs (Ebook)
Answer by IELTS candidate with estimated band score:
The line chart compares the proportion of women in the Parliament in five European nations, namely Germany, Italy, France, UK and Belgium during a 12-year period from 2000 and to 2012.
Overall, the trend in the percentage of female Parliament members among those countries was obviously upward, and but the figure for the UK experienced the most significant increase.
Specifically, the Parliament in Germany and France both saw gradual rises in the proportion of women representatives over the period under study studied, being at approximately 36% for the former and a third of that for the latter in 2012. Meanwhile, the figure for Italy went through a similar growth pattern but more sharply, from around 25% to 38%, which outstripped its Germany counterpart by the end of the period.
As regards, Regarding Belgium and the UK, starting at 17% and 4% respectively, the rates of women in the Parliament went up steadily by 5% after the first four years. However, from 2004 onwards, the gap between those two countries was narrowed until in 2012, both the figures met at the 24% level.
Comment and estimated band score:
|Task response||6.0||· Some inaccurate information
· Inaccurate overview
· Highlight key features adequately
|Cohesion and coherence||7.0||· Organized information coherently
· Reasonable paragraphing
· Reasonable use of linking devices despite some errors
|Vocabulary||6,5||· No spelling mistake
· adequate range of vocabulary for the task although there are still repetitions
· Be careful about word choice
· clear communication
|Grammar||6.5||· Grammatical errors
· Use a mix of simple and complex structures
· Sometimes too complicated that makes it difficult to comprehend
(Detail) In 2000, Germany had the highest percentage of female MPs, at around 33%, followed by the UK, Belgium and Italy having approximately 27%, 25% and 22% respectively. The figure for France was nearly one seventh of that for Germany, at merely 5%. Between 2000 and 2010, the figure for Germany increased slowly, WHILE that of the UK saw a significant rise.