IELTS Writing Task 1 – Graph:
The graph below shows different sources of air pollutant in the UK from 1990 to 2005. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- Recent IELTS Writing Test (Task 1 & 2) with Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Task 1 in 2018 – Bar Chart with Model Answer
- Recent IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018: Technology & Band 8.0 Model Essay
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- IELTS Writing Test in June 2018 with Model Essay
Paraphrase paragraph: shows>illustrates; different>3 sources; from 1990 to 2005>during the period 1990 to 2005.
Summary/overview paragraph: (1) the total amount of air pollutants fell (2) the most significant fall was from industry
Paragraph 3: describe total trend –figures for 1990, 1999 and 2005
Paragraph 4: compares figures from the 3 sources, giving figures for 1990, 2005.
The line graph illustrates data on 3 sources of air pollutants in the UK during the period 1990 to 2005.
Overall, it is clear that the total amount of pollutants in the air decreased between these years. The decline in air pollutants from industrial sources was particularly significant.
In 1990, the total amount of air pollutants in the UK was 7 million tonnes. This figure fell sharply to 4 million tonnes in 1999, and then continued to decline to just over 3 million tonnes by the end of the period.
Industry accounted for 5.5 million tonnes of air pollutants in 1990. There was then a decrease throughout this period to a figure of 2 million tonnes by 2005, with a particularly sharp fall between 1993 and 1996. In contrast, the amount of air pollutants was much lower from transport and household sources. Air pollution from transport remained relatively constant at about 1 million tonnes from 1990 to 2005, whereas air pollutants from households saw a decrease from almost 1 million tonnes in 1990 to approximately 0.1 million tonnes by 2005.
180 words by IELTS Ngoc Bach
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 3 in 2019 & Model Answers - January 21, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 2 in 2019 & Model Answers - January 17, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 1 in 2019 with Model Answes - January 16, 2019