IELTS Material Resources – Writing Task 1 Topic 24:
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 14 – Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 20 – Graph
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The graphs show figures relating to hours worked and stress levels amongst professionals in eight groups.
Describe the information shown to a university or collage lecturer.
Write at least 150 words
Two graphs give different information related to eight professional groups. The bar chart indicates the number of weekly work hours done by the groups while the pie graph illustrates the percentages of people suffering from stress related illness in the different professions given.
In general, business men work the longest among the eight groups while the smallest amount of time is normally worked by lecturers. According to the pie chart, lecturers struggle the most with work-related stress. Although their average working hours is smaller than any other group in the chart, lecturers suffer from the highest level of stress caused by their job.
The bar graph shows that business men and movie producers work the most at about 70 hours and 62 hours per week respectively. At the opposite end of the scale, lecturers work only around 25 hours. Working hours of other professionals varied with doctors, writers, programmers, lawyers and chefs working approximately 52, 46, 35 and 32 hours per week in the name ordered.
The pie graph shows that the professional who has the highest incidence of stress related illnesses is lecturers at 25%. Movie producers and doctors also have high rates with 18% and 15% each. The figures for business men, lawyers, chefs and writers can be grouped into percentages between 11 and 8%. The lowest rate of stress illness is attributed to programmers at only 5%, which is only a fifth the figure for lecturers.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep – Dec 2019) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!