You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
The bar chart shows different methods of waste disposal in four cities; Toronto, Madrid, Kuala Lumpur and Amman. Summarize the information by describing the main features of the chart and making comparisons where appropriate.
Write at least 150 words
The bar chart depicts four types of waste disposal in four cities. Landfill was the most popular method of waste disposal in Toronto and Amman. Toronto used landfill for disposing of about three-quarters of its waste with the remaining quarter split between incineration, recycling and composting.
Amman used landfill for disposing of almost half of its waste with most of the rest being incinerated. Incineration was the most popular method of waste disposal in Madrid and Kuala Lumpur.
Kuala Lumpur disposed of more than half its waste by incineration with less than one quarter going for recycling and even less still going for landfill and composting. Recycling was the second least popular method of waste disposal.
No cities disposed of more than 25% of its waste by recycling and in the case of Toronto, it was less than 10%. Composting was the least common method of waste disposal. No cities disposed of more than 10% of its waste by compositing and Amman hardly did any composting.
p class=”essay”>(166 words)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018