You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
The chart below gives information about global population percentages and distribution of wealth by region.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
The chart compares population shares in various regions of the world with the distribution of wealth in these same regions. It can be seen that population shares in almost all cases do not relate to the distribution of wealth.
Even though North America has only approximately 6% of the world’s population, it boasts nearly 34% of global wealth. A similar situation can be seen in Europe, which has 15% of the global population but 30% of global wealth, and the rich Asia-Pacific countries with 5% of the world’s population but 24% of its wealth.
On the other hand, the total wealth of people in China, India, Africa, Latin America and Caribbean, and the other poor countries in Asia-Pacific is far less than their shares of the world population. This is most striking in India, where 16% of the world’s population own only 1% of the world’s wealth and in China, which has the highest percentage of global population (24%) but only 3% of the world’s wealth.
Overall, the world population statistics are inverse in proportion to wealth distribution. If the former is higher, then the latter is likely to be lower.
Band 8.0 (170 words)
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Iran – May 2018 & Model Answers - May 21, 2018
- What is The IELTS Test Format? - May 21, 2018
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Australia – May 2018 & Model Answers - May 19, 2018