a copy of
1 Copy of + noun
Complete the sentences with these nouns:
unauthorised free well-thumbed poor
- ______________ copies of the leaflet on scholarships are available from the Department of Education.
- I still have my ______________ copy of Shakespeare’s Sonnets somewhere in the house. I’ll go and get it for you.
- Making an ______________ copy of this article is against copyright law.
- It’s such a ______________ copy of the original painting. Surely nobody would be taken in by such an obvious fake.
advance back true
- Any photocopies you send must be certified as ______________ copies of the original documents.
- I have over 200 ______________ copies of the magazine. I don’t think I missed an issue.
- ______________ copies of a book are usually sent to reviewers before it appears in the shops.
2 Verb + copy of
Use the correct form of these verbs:
enclose get hold of keep
print make sign
- I think we’d better ___________ twenty copies of the agenda and bring them to the meeting.
- We ___________ file copies of all official letters that we send out just in case we need to refer to them at a later date.
- Please remember to ___________ a copy of your birth certificate with your application form.
- Bruce Witlon will be___________ copies of his latest book straight after this talk.
- I finally managed to ___________ a copy of that book you were looking for. I picked one up in a second-hand bookshop.
- The publishers only ___________ 500 copies of the book. They don’t think it will be a big seller.
Ex 1: 1. Free 2. well-thumbed 3. unauthorised 4. poor 5. true 6. back 7. Advance
Ex 2: l. make 2. keep 3. enclose 4. signing 5. get hold of 6. printed
Also check :