IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe an ambition you have not achieved yet.
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 109 – Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 105 Topic: A situation made you angry
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
You should say:
- what it is
- when you first had this ambition
- why you had this ambition
- what you have done to achieve it
- and explain why you haven’t achieve it yet.
Well, fat belly is always of the top concerns of all women in this whole world, and I am not of an exception. So, for the last 3 years, when my belly becomes fatter and fatter, I would like to take some physical exercises to get toned and make my body into good shape, looking for a prospect of getting a slim body, which would definitely make others green with envy.
I’ve planned to achieve this objective carefully. I asked my friends, who are in physical training courses, for advice on which kind of exercises I should take. I carried out some research, too. Then, I found out that I should practice squat, and sit-up. I installed an app in my mobile phone, which helped me keep track of my practice and give me some certain advice provided by professional trainer.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t persist in this practice for too long as in the first day, I was so eager that I practice squat too much, which caused muscle’s tension. Thus, I had to rest for some days after, which lowered my motivation. Finally, after those days, I gradually gave up on my practice and my belly continued to grow. Admittedly, it was really a shame to me as I thought I could achieve that goal.
- be not of exception: similar to or belong to that group
Ex: Everyone like cakes and I am not of the exception
- green with envy: jealous with…
Ex: Girls are likely to be green with envy with the others who are more beautiful
- keep track of: to make certain that you know what is happening or has happened to someone or something
Ex: My sister has had so many different jobs, it’s hard for me to keep track of what she’s doing.
- Persist in (doing) something:
Ex: She really
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!