IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking:
Describe some paid work (or, a paid job) that you or a friend enjoyed doing.
You should say:
what the work was
where you did this work
who you worked with
and explain why you or your friend enjoyed doing this work.
ANSWER: – I remembered working as an IT helpdesk assistant while I was in college and I really
enjoyed doing it. – Although I was a business major at that time, I still applied for a position at the IT helpdesk because it was the best- paid job on campus. As an IT assistant, I helped other students sort out problems with their personal laptops. Besides, I assisted professors and faculties to set up projectors, to fix printers and copy machines on campus, and anything related to technical matters in general. – There were 5 other students who were in the same position as me. We usually registered
work hours based on our own personal schedule, as long as the total working hours met the job requirement. For one shift, there were usually two assistants, so that we could help each other out if necessary. – I loved working at the IT helpdesk for many reasons. First of all, I learned a lot about computers and other machines. Secondly, I got a chance to talk with many people around campus and it felt great when you were able to help somebody with their problems.
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
helpdesk: [noun] a service in a company or college that gives people information and help, especially with computer problems.
Example: My university library has a helpdesk, which is very popular with students who
don‟t have much knowledge about using computers.
business major: [noun] I was studying business as the main part of my course.
Example: As she hopes to live in France, my friend is a French major at college.
IT assistant: [noun] a person with a knowledge of information technology, who uses that knowledge to help others.
Example: As an IT assistant, my job is to help students become more expert at using their computers.
sort out: [phrasal verb] to deal with your own, or someone else‟s, problems successfully.
Example: My car would not start, but the mechanic sorted out the problem when he arrived.
schedule: [noun] timetable, in this case the number of hours that we were required to work each week.
Example: Chinese will be on the school schedule next year.
shift: [noun] a period of time worked by someone or a group of workers, who start work as soon as another person or group finishes.
Example: My shift begins at 8:00 am, when the assistant who works during the night goes home.
help each other out: [verb phrase] to help somebody, especially in a difficult situation.
Example: A lot of customers come into the store at lunch hour, but there is always an extra assistant, so we help each other out.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!