Describe A Paid Job That You or A Friend Enjoyed Doing: IELTS Cue Card Sample 16
Describe a paid job that you or a friend enjoyed doing
You should say:
- what the work was
- where you did this work
- who you worked with
- and explain why you or your friend enjoyed doing this work.
Here is the sample for “describe a paid job that you or a friend enjoyed doing ” topic
I remembered working as an IT helpdesk assistant while I was in college and I really enjoyed doing it. Although I was a business major at that time, I still applied for a position at the IT helpdesk because it was the best-paid job on campus. As an IT assistant, I helped other students sort out problems with their personal laptops. Besides, I assisted professors and faculties to set up projectors, fixing printers and copy machines on campus, and anything related to technical matters in general. – There were 5 other students who were in the same position as me. We usually registered work hours based on our own personal schedule, as long as the total working hours met the job requirement. For one shift, there were usually two assistants, so that we could help each other out if necessary. – I loved working at the IT helpdesk for many reasons. First of all, I learned a lot about computers and other machines. Secondly, I got a chance to talk with many people around campus and it felt great when you were able to help somebody with their problems.
Click on the audio to listen to the sample answer above. Pay attention to the intonation and pronunciation of the words
Signup/Login and get access to the audio
Here are the vocabularies for “describe a paid job that you or a friend enjoyed doing” with examples:
- Helpdesk:Service in a company or college that gives people information and help, especially with computer problems.
Eg: My university library has a helpdesk, which is very popular with students who
don‟t have much knowledge about using computers.
- Business major: I was studying business as the main part of my course.
Eg: As she hopes to live in France, my friend is a French major at college.
- IT assistant: [noun] a person with a knowledge of information technology, who uses that knowledge to help others.
Eg: As an IT assistant, my job is to help students become more expert at using their computers.
- Sort out: To deal with your own, or someone else‟s, problems successfully.
Eg: My car would not start, but the mechanic sorted out the problem when he arrived.
- Schedule: Timetable, in this case, the number of hours that we were required to work each week.
Eg: Chinese will be on the school schedule next year.
- Shift: A period of time worked by someone or a group of workers, who start work as soon as another person or group finishes.
Eg: My shift begins at 8:00 am when the assistant who works during the night goes home.
- Help each other out:To help somebody, especially in a difficult situation.
Eg: A lot of customers come into the store at lunch hour, but there is always an extra assistant, so we help each other out.
Also check :