IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking Part 2:
Describe a time when you saw an interesting animal.
You should say:
what animal it was
where you saw it
what happened when you saw it
and explain why you thought it was interesting.
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER:
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
I am raising an Alaska dog, which is a large breed of domestic dog. My dog has a double coat: the undercoat is soft while the outer one is coarse and water-proof. Also, his coat has two colors, black and white.
In my opinion, his most attractive feature is the small upright ears which are out of proportion to the head. Having had this dog for almost a year, I find him intriguing. He is very smart, so he learns everything quickly. I once taught him how to fetch. Surprisingly enough, he successfully chased and retrieved the object after I tossed it for the second time. He acted as if he had intrinsically understood the game. He is also friendly to everyone, especially children. Whenever someone visits my house, instead of barking, he welcomes them by licking their feet.
For me, my dog is a friend I can play with after school. I often walk him around the park at the weekends and he seems to like this, as there are different dogs there. I also talk with him regularly and I feel that he can understand what I say. As a final point, I hope that my dog can live with me for a long time.
breed: [noun] an animal such as a dog, horse or cat that has been developed by people in a controlled way. Example: The airport police use a breed of dog which can smell hidden drugs in bags and suitcases.
coat: [noun] the fur or hair which covers the body of an animal. Example: Some breeds of cows have a thick winter coat to protect against cold weather.
coarse: [adjective] rough Example: As a result of working on a construction site all his life, his hands were coarse.
upright: [adjective] straight, not lying down or bent. Example: My dog‟s ears appear to be large, because they are upright and this helps him to hear everything very well.
intriguing: [adjective] interesting and unusual Example: It is intriguing to see how my teacher explains things so clearly to the class.
fetch: [verb] go to where something is and bring it back. Example: It started to rain, so I went back to the house to fetch the umbrella for me and my wife.
retrieved: [verb] to bring something back, especially from a place where it should not be. Example: The wind blew my hat into the road, so I quickly retrieved it before any cars came.
tossed it: threw it, but in no special direction. Example: After he had read the newspaper, he tossed it on to the ground.
intrinsically: [adverb] in a way that was part of his real nature or character.
Example: I believed his story, because he is an intrinsically honest man.
barking: [verb] the sound made by a dog. Example: When the postman arrived, the dog started barking.
licking: [verb] moving its tongue over someone or something. Example: I saw the cat licking its whiskers after it had finished eating
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!