IELTS Cue Card Topic:
Describe a bicycle/motorbike/car trip that is interesting
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 75 – Topic: Describe a Game/ Sport
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 73 – Topic: Describe a Language other than English you would like to learn
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 71 – Topic: Describe an Advertisement
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers
- IELTS SPEAKING PRACTICE TEST 42 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWERS
You should say:
- Where you would like to go
- How you would like to go there
- Who you would like to go with
- And explain why you would like to go there by car, motorbike or bike
Band 8.0+ Sample Answer
There is a thing that troubles me more often than not when living in [___] is the majority of people are riding motorbikes rather than cars. As a result, most people don’t know how to drive a car, I included, which also itches me since I have always wanted to take a road trip across the country. A road trip by car from the south to the north of my country would be tough and adventurous because hundreds of marvelous destinations are awaiting to be explored. However, it is worth taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone to truly experience what life has to offer when your legs can still carry you rather than to regret in your later life.
“If you wanna go fast, go alone. If you wanna go far, go together.” It might be fun if you were a lone traveler and didn’t enjoy getting lagged behind your schedule. Still, the adventure could be more colorful and unexpected, hopefully in a good way, when you got company, especially during a long journey like the one I prefer. Hence, picking up a close friend or two who share the same vision, the same eagerness to capture the beauty of nature would be my choice. We would start from the south where we are living and move north on the go, stopping at our favorite beaches a little longer than other places because there ain’t nobody don’t have time for juicy coconuts and white sand paradise. Traditional cuisine would also be our utmost priority whenever we reach a new place as the best way to live like a local is to eat like a local. A car is our best choice because it would give us room to comfortably converse with each other and shelter from inclement weather during our journey, if any. It is not only about the destinations but also about the time I would love to spend with my dear friends as we would share the same space in a four-wheel vehicle along the road; and at the end of the day, it’s the people that matters.
Vocabulary & Useful Expression
- more often than not: usually
- take risks: to do something that might be dangerous
- have to offer: have something available to be used or appreciated
- get lagged behind: get fallen behind
- cuisine (n): style of cooking
- utmost (a): greatest; most extreme
- inclement (a): (of the weather) not pleasant; cold, wet, etc.
- at the end of the day: in the end, finally
- shelter (v): protect or shield from something harmful, especially bad weather
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- State-Of-The-Art – Word Of The Day For IELTS - April 27, 2017
- Aggravate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 17, 2017
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - March 17, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!