IELTS Cue Card Sample 98 Topic: An educational trip
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe an educational trip you went on.
You should say:
- where this place was
- what you did at this place
- who you went there with
- and explain why you thought this trip was educational.
The most memorable educational trip I’ve been to is to Ninh Binh province. The place is well known for the beauty and peace of the scenery as well as the history of the Emperor who once set capital there.
This place is located near Hanoi, which is Vietnam’s current capital, about 60 kilometers away from the south. This province is popular for both domestic and foreign tourists. Among the most notable tourism attractions, Trang An – an impressive natural combination between river and mountain, making a breathtaking scenery, is the most famous. It used to be referred as “Ha Long Bay on the land”. Another famous place in Ninh Binh is Hoa Lư Imperial – which was built in Dinh dynasty in Vietnam, at the time when Ninh Binh was set as the capital of our country.
Admittedly, the trip to Ninh Binh was very interesting to me, and informative as well. During the trip, I was educated about Vietnam history, especially in Dinh dynasty’s time, and the geographical features of this place.
- domestic: existing or occurring inside a particular country
Ex: the current state of US domestic affairs.
- breathtaking: astonishing or awe-inspiring in quality, so as to take one’s breath away
Ex: the scene was one of the breathtaking beauty.
- informative: providing useful or interesting information
Ex: It is really informative article to me
- geographical features: characteristic in geography.
Ex: Through the trip, I can know more about the geographical features of the place.
Also check :
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking