Describe a book you read recently
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- Band 9 Part 2 Sample – Topic: Describe a skill you need long time to learn
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 68 – Topic: Describe a Natural Landscape
- IELTS Cue Card Sample: Describe an experience you spent time with a child
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a TV program that made you laugh a lot
- who wrote this book
- what it is about
- when you read it
and explain why you liked it.
As I’m very busy now, I don’t have time to read much. So it’s been quite some time since I last read a book. I remember it was Harry Potter.
I think it is a must-read for young adults. First, it is extremely famous and read by people all over the world; I must admit I started reading it because I had FOMO (fear of missing out). But when I really got down to it, I became hooked immediately.
The book opens a whole new world, where everything is strange and familiar at the same time. There are still people, all kinds of people with all kinds of characteristics and backgrounds. But there is magic in this world, and at first it seems that everything can be done with a flick of the wand. However, as the story develops, it becomes clear to the readers that there’s a lot that magic can’t do, like reviving the dead.
So Harry Potter, the main character, can never have his parents alive again. They are killed by a bad person called Lord Voldemort. The whole HP series revolves around the battle between these two characters, with the final victory belonging to, of course, Happy Potter.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5