IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Canada with Sample Answers – March 2017
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 1 IELTS Speaking Part 1
- 1.1 Hometown
- 1.2 Vocabulary
- 1.3 Vocabulary
- 1.4 Handwriting
- 1.5 Vocabulary
- 1.6 Teaching
- 1.7 Vocabulary
- 1.8 Vocabulary
- 1.9 Cue Card
- 1.10 Vocabulary
- 2 IELTS Speaking Part 3
IELTS Speaking Part 1
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe your hometown.
Actually, it is a small province with slightly more than 1 billion people. It has beautiful landscapes with mountains and lakes. However, due to the increasing economy, a number of business, especially in sugarcane, are invested in my hometown that turns it into a promising area.
Error: Your Requested widget " custom_html-25" is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area copy-right-sec]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-button]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-20"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-mobile]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-21"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-text]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-4"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-2]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-6"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-3]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-7"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-4]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-8"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-13"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-48"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-2"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-3"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-18"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-66"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-65"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-64"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-63"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-62"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-60"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-56"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-55"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-54"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-53"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-52"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-51"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-50"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-47"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-39"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-38"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-37"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-36"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-35"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-34"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-33"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-32"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-31"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-30"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-59"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-29"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-58"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-57"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-22"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-23"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-24"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-25"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-26"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-28"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-27"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
–What do you like (most) about your hometown ?
I like the hospitality of people there which I hardly find them in my current place. Everyone is living close together and willing to give others a hand when they need help.
Hospitality (n) The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers
Give someone a hand (idiom) to help someone do something
— Do you think you will continue living there for a long time ?
To be honest, I hope I could come back there one day to visit my relatives and friends, but to settle down my life there is not my plan. I am getting familiar with city life and there are more job opportunities for my future career.
To settle down (v) adopt a more steady or secure style of life, especially in a permanent job and home
– Do you write everyday ?
I love writing I must say. Writing helps me stay focus and organize things way more effectively. In class I always have my pen and notebook ready to take some notes and when going out I type my notes on the phone.
– Do you prefer handwriting or typing on a computer ?
With the advent of technology, the most common means of daily communication nowadays is typing. Personally I prefer typing email, chatting and other important documents due to high standardization. However, if it’s a letter, a card or a postcards to relatives or friends, I’d live to send them a handwritten form to show my respect and love.
– What do you usually write ?
Mostly I like to write notes in class since it helps me concentrate on the lectures. Written notes are also good reference for exams. Besides, I often write to-do list so that I make use of my time. I also make lists of stuffs I need to buy before I go shopping or thinngs I need to pack before any trips.
To concentrate on/to focus on/to pay attention to (v) : to especially concern about Sth
Make (a) list(s) (v) : to write down things in orders
– Do you enjoy teaching ?
Yes, I‘m really into teaching. I have a life-long passion for becoming a dedicated teacher who can helps thousands of students stay more focused on their studies and inspire them to become well-behaved people.
To be into something (phrase) really like something
Life-long (adj) lasting or continuing through all or much of one’s life
Dedicated (adj) giving a lot of time and energy to
Well-behaved (adj) behaves in a way that is polite or gentle and does not upset people
– Have you ever taught somebody ?
Yes, I have been teaching for more than 8 years for roughly 500 students since I embarked on my exciting teaching career. At first, I thought I couldn’t be a good teacher and nearly give up on teaching because I felt it hard to get across to my students. But you know, everything takes time. Now, I’m totally confident in my teaching skills.
Roughly (adv) approximately
Embark on (verb) start a new project or activity, usually one that will be difficult and will take time
Give up on (phrasal verb) to stop expecting anything from someone or something
Get something across to someone (phrase) To be convincing or understandable
Take time (phrase) If you say that something will take time, you mean that it will take a long time.
Describe a foreign country where you would like to work/visit for a period of time. Please say
You should say :
- What is that place
- Why do you like to go to that place
- When will you go
Honestly speaking, I have a myriad of destinations on my must – visit list around the world. However, if I have the opportunity to choose one city, I would probably pick London, which is one of the most prominent capitals around the globe. I guess the reason why I have a burning desire to visit London has something to do with the fact that ever since I was a kid, I have always been amazed by how gorgeous and unique the architects in London are. There are also some interesting facts about London that I want to witness in real life. One of them is the fact about Big Ben tower. So far, many people see the tall clock tower and think that it is Big Ben. But in fact, Big Ben is a giant thirteen – ton bell inside the tower that is rung every two hours by a two hundred – kilogram hammer. The real name of the Bell is the Great Bell of Westminster. Buckingham Palace is also so appealing to me since it is the home to the Queen of England and many tourists to London says that enjoy watching the changing of the guard ceremony that takes place in front of the Palace’s gate. There are many other elements that make London so tempting to me. Pay this amazing city a visit in the future is one of the items in my wish – list.
a myriad of something (phrase) an extremely large number of people or things, especially one that is too large to count
Giant (adj) of very great size or force; gigantic
Appealing (adj) attractive and interesting
Tempting (adj) used for describing something that makes you feel you would like to have it or to do it
Also check :
- IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking tips
- IELTS Canada
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Pronunciation Guide
- Common English words in IELTS Speaking
- Ough words
IELTS Speaking Part 3
Why do people choose going abroad to study or work ?
There are various reasons behind the preference of people to work in foreign countries.
Firstly, working abroad is good for their personal growth. In addition to a higher salary, moving overseas or even getting a temporary contract abroad will give people opportunities to meet potential customers or partners who will help them further their career.
Secondly, expatriates can experience new cultures and a greater mix of backgrounds that will give them invaluable perspectives in all aspects of life, including work.
- Further (verb): to help something to develop and be successful
Example: Although the salary was low, she took the job to further her career by learning all about the fashion industry.
- Invaluable (adjective): extremely useful
Example: The research should prove invaluable in the study of children’s language.
- Perspective (noun): a way of thinking about something
Example: The book gave me a new perspective on Indian culture.
What are the advantages of working or studying abroad ?
Working overseas is a great opportunity for young people to meet different types of people and gain global understanding of their industry. It also provides them with experiences and skills that they would never get at home.
Not only that, most young people are energetic and adventurous; therefore working abroad provides them with opportunities to travel more, and be exposed to different cultures, which will result in higher level of knowledge and cultural sensitivity.
- Take up (phrasal verb): to start or begin something such as a job
Example: He takes up his duties next week as the head of the department.
- Experience (verb): to have a particular situation affect you or happen to you
Example: When I lived in Japan, I experienced a very different way of life.
- Obstacle (noun) a situation, an event, etc. that makes it difficult for you to do or achieve something
Example: A lack of qualifications can be a major obstacle to finding a job.
- Adventurous (adjective): willing to take risks and try new ideas; enjoying being in new, exciting situations
Example: For the more adventurous tourists, there are trips into the mountains with a local guide.
- Be exposed to (expression): introduced to, not protected from
Example: I was exposed to a completely new culture when I first went to the USA.
- Sensitivity (noun): the ability to understand other people’s feelings
Example: She pointed out with tact and sensitivity exactly where he had gone wrong.