Describe something you do to help you study or work
You should say:
- 47 IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics for IELTS Exam (May – August, 2016) & Band 8.0+ Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2019 – Topic: Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you gave advice to others
- 100 IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2016 & 2017 & Sample Answers
- Recent IELTS Question in 2018 & Band 9 Model Answer – topic : designing a building
– what it is
– how you learn it
– when you do it
– and how you feel about the method
I’m going to tell you about the thing which helps me stay focused most: exercise. I often get bogged down (busy) with work, and it seems like I cannot stay concentrated if I don’t take a short break to exercise. Thinking back, I didn’t often exercise during my teen years, which was the period when I did the worst in school. I believe there is a correlation here. When I first starting regularly exercising at about 18 years old, I was surprised to see how much my grades improved.
Also check: IELTS Speaking Part 2
So, this is when I starting incorporating this habit into my lifestyle. More specifically, when I know I have to get some work done or study for an exam, I deliberately (purposely) set my alarm for 45 minutes earlier so I can run on my treadmill and do some mat exercises before I begin. Since I work remotely from home, I tend to do this 5 days a week, during my work hours. When I fail to follow this routine of exercising before work, I seem to not be able to focus, or better yet even muster up (to get) the energy to start my day.
I feel like a new person after sweating a bit in the morning. Actually, I feel like I wouldn’t be able to function without exercise- it’s what gives me energy. I feel proud of myself that this is what keeps me focused, as it is also a healthy habit to have. I can re-charge my brain and work on my fitness simultaneously (at the same time)! All in all, I’m in love with this method and it makes me feel amazing!