Describe something you do to help you study or work
You should say:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2019 – Topic: Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
- Band 9 Part 2 & 3 Sample with Audio – Topic: Describe a film or TV show that made you laugh a lot
- Band 9 Part 2 Sample – Topic: Describe a skill you need long time to learn
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
– what it is
– how you learn it
– when you do it
– and how you feel about the method
I’m going to tell you about the thing which helps me stay focused most: exercise. I often get bogged down (busy) with work, and it seems like I cannot stay concentrated if I don’t take a short break to exercise. Thinking back, I didn’t often exercise during my teen years, which was the period when I did the worst in school. I believe there is a correlation here. When I first starting regularly exercising at about 18 years old, I was surprised to see how much my grades improved.
So, this is when I starting incorporating this habit into my lifestyle. More specifically, when I know I have to get some work done or study for an exam, I deliberately (purposely) set my alarm for 45 minutes earlier so I can run on my treadmill and do some mat exercises before I begin. Since I work remotely from home, I tend to do this 5 days a week, during my work hours. When I fail to follow this routine of exercising before work, I seem to not be able to focus, or better yet even muster up (to get) the energy to start my day.
I feel like a new person after sweating a bit in the morning. Actually, I feel like I wouldn’t be able to function without exercise- it’s what gives me energy. I feel proud of myself that this is what keeps me focused, as it is also a healthy habit to have. I can re-charge my brain and work on my fitness simultaneously (at the same time)! All in all, I’m in love with this method and it makes me feel amazing!
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!