Describe something you do to help you study or work
You should say:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2019 – Topic: Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
- Band 9 Part 2 & 3 Sample with Audio – Topic: Describe a film or TV show that made you laugh a lot
- Band 9 Part 2 Sample – Topic: Describe a skill you need long time to learn
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
– what it is
– how you learn it
– when you do it
– and how you feel about the method
I’m going to tell you about the thing which helps me stay focused most: exercise. I often get bogged down (busy) with work, and it seems like I cannot stay concentrated if I don’t take a short break to exercise. Thinking back, I didn’t often exercise during my teen years, which was the period when I did the worst in school. I believe there is a correlation here. When I first starting regularly exercising at about 18 years old, I was surprised to see how much my grades improved.
So, this is when I starting incorporating this habit into my lifestyle. More specifically, when I know I have to get some work done or study for an exam, I deliberately (purposely) set my alarm for 45 minutes earlier so I can run on my treadmill and do some mat exercises before I begin. Since I work remotely from home, I tend to do this 5 days a week, during my work hours. When I fail to follow this routine of exercising before work, I seem to not be able to focus, or better yet even muster up (to get) the energy to start my day.
I feel like a new person after sweating a bit in the morning. Actually, I feel like I wouldn’t be able to function without exercise- it’s what gives me energy. I feel proud of myself that this is what keeps me focused, as it is also a healthy habit to have. I can re-charge my brain and work on my fitness simultaneously (at the same time)! All in all, I’m in love with this method and it makes me feel amazing!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!