IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Nowadays, young people admire stars though they often do not set a good example. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in December, 2015 & Band 9.0 Cause/Solution Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
Band 9.0 Model Answer:
The admiration young people hold for celebrities is not a new phenomenon. Throughout/During history, youths have been inspired by people with outstanding athletic ability. It is argued that this admiration brings with it more positive than negative issues/ramifications. This will be proven by looking at how sports figures both instill inspiration and teach life lessons to young people.
Firstly, celebrities often display extremely developed skills, which can help to spur young people towards a life full of physically active. For instance, school children are often driven to exercise in an attempt to become/emulate superstars, such as Novak Djokovic, Ronaldo and Messi. As this additional exercise is good for their health, it is difficult to argue that the inspiration celebrities bestow/leave upon young people is entirely a bad thing. Thus, this shows that the admiration people hold for sports stars has positive implications/reasons.
Although the negative character figures/traits of many sports celebrities are often called into question, it is felt the public mistakes professional athletes make can act as good morality lessons for young people. A good image of this occurred when Canadian runner Ben Johnson dishonorably lost an Olympic gold medal due to steroid use. This incident showed young people around the world that drug use is a shameful practice. As this example illustrates/is shown, often the public errors athletes commit can act as good lessons for adolescents.
After looking at the above, it is felt to hold athletes in esteem does not bring with it entirely negative consequences. It is assumed the historical admiration people will retain/retain for sports stars is not going to change into the foreseeable future.
Band 8.0 Model Essay
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Recent IELTS Question in 2018 & Band 9 Model Answer - April 9, 2018
- Recent IELTS Essay Question in 2018 with Model Essay - April 6, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3 Topic: Interesting Conversation/ Speech & Sample Answers - April 5, 2018