a supply of
1 Verb + supply of
Use the correct form of these verbs:
- The new government has promised to ____________ a reliable supply of clean water to all rural communities.
- Make sure you ____________ an adequate supply of pens and pencils for the exam.
- Within three weeks they had____________ their supply of food and clean drinking water. Their supply of fuel had also run out, so they had to abandon the expedition.
- The police are desperate to arrest the big dealers who ____________ the supply of drugs to young people in the area.
2 Common adjective collocations
Use the following adjectives in these sentences:
- If you don’t want to miss a bargain, then hurry along to our stores today. We only have a____________ supply of these DVD players in stock.
- The human body needs a ____________ supply of vitamin C every day, so make sure you eat fruit every day.
- The human brain needs a ____________ supply of blood. Even a short disruption of the supply can cause serious problems.
- There is an ____________ supply of skilled workers at the moment. => Yes, good people with the right qualifications are in short supply.
- Many nuclear power stations are located on the coast so that they are near to a ____________ supply of water.
- Family planning clinics provide a ____________ supply of contraceptives on request.
3 Good supply of
Complete the sentences with these words:
bad jokes labour
- No, I can’t pay for your holiday. I don’t have an endless supply of ____________ you know!
- Saudi Arabia is self-sufficient in energy. It has an abundant supply of ____________.
- There was an unlimited supply of ____________ at the party. No wonder so many people have hangovers this morning.
- Many American companies build factories in the Far East where there is a plentiful supply of cheap ____________ .
- He seems to have an never-ending supply of ____________ . I don’t think I laughed once and couldn’t wait to get away.
- These people seem to have a limitless supply of ____________ and ammunition, but no food! I can’t understand it!
Ex 1: 1. provide 2. have 3. exhausted 4. control
Ex 2: 1. limited 2.fresh 3. constant 4. inadequate 5. good 6. free
Ex 3: 1. money 2. oil 3. drink 4. labour 5. bad jokes 6. guns
Latest posts by IELTS Editor (see all)
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing - April 1, 2018
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule - March 26, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!