Improve Your Vocabulary to Ace The IELTS-Key Word:an act of
Key Word:an act of
Complete the sentences with these nouns:
- The hijackers released two elderly hostages as an act of______. Both had serious heart conditions and needed urgent medical attention.
- The gift of his whole art collection to the nation was an act of incredible______.
- Police believe that the murder of two policemen last night was an act of______for the shooting of two gangsters in the recent bank robbery.
- The attacks of September 11th were the worst acts of______ever committed on American soil.
- Colonel Briggs was found guilty of selling information to the enemy. The punishment for such an act of______could only be execution by firing squad.
- I’m not sure that your project has much chance of succeeding, but as an act of______I will lend you the money you require to get started.
- In order to escape from the hunters, the tiger leapt from a 100-metre cliff into the river below. It was an act of sheer______.
- We’re insured against things like fire, burglary, earthquakes or what insurance companies call an act of______!
Also check :