Improve Your Vocabulary to Hike up Your IELTS Score – Key Word: a piece of
‘a piece of’
Adjective + piece of
Use the following adjectives in these sentences:
- What’s your ______ piece of music? Mine’s the second movement from Mozart’s Piano Concerto no. 21.
- That’s the ______ piece of news I’ve heard for a long time! Congratulations!
- A doctor just happened to be passing by as my baby choked on a sweet. She managed to save his life. It was an ______ piece of luck.
- I stared at the ______ piece of paper. I had no idea how I was going to answer the question.
- They managed to trace the killer from a very small amount of DNA evidence left behind at the crime scene. It was a very ______ piece of detective work.
- Her article on the misuse of public money by local councillors was an ______ piece of investigative journalism.
- The movement of the patient’s eyes are recorded on a highly ______ piece of equipment which gives extremely accurate readings.
- This is the ______ piece of writing I have ever read in my life. I think you’d better start again from scratch.
Also check :