a piece of
Adjective + piece of
Use the following adjectives in these sentences:
best blank clever worst
excellent favourite sensitive incredible
- What’s your ____________ piece of music? Mine’s the second movement from Mozart’s Piano Concerto no. 21.
- That’s the ____________ piece of news I’ve heard for a long time! Congratulations!
- A doctor just happened to be passing by as my baby choked on a sweet. She managed to save his life. It was an ____________piece of luck.
- I stared at the____________ piece of paper. I had no idea how I was going to answer the question.
- They managed to trace the killer from a very small amount of DNA evidence left behind at the crime scene. It was a very____________ piece of detective work.
- Her article on the misuse of public money by local councillors was an____________ piece of investigative journalism.
- The movement of the patient’s eyes are recorded on a highly ____________ piece of equipment which gives extremely accurate readings.
- This is the ____________ piece of writing I have ever read in my life. I think you’d better start again from scratch.
- favourite 2. best 3. incredible 4. blank 5. clever 6. excellent 7. sensitive 8. worst
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Editor (see all)
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing - April 1, 2018
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule - March 26, 2018
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise - November 20, 2017