1. Do you drive often?
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Island with Sample Answers
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 8 Sample – Topic: Maths
Luckily not, as I despise driving. I usually take Ubers around the city, cycle, or walk when possible. I try to avoid driving at all costs (avoid no matter what), considering the traffic in my city is incredibly chaotic. Furthermore, there is a huge air pollution problem in my city, so I try to take this step to be more green (environmentally friendly).
2. Do you want your children to drive in future?
Out of necessity, yes. I would like for them to go through the process of getting their driver’s license just in case. For example, it would be helpful if their friend who drove them to a place gets too drunk to drive them home, etc. However, I would urge (push) them to drive as little as possible, since it’s quite risky and not environmentally friendly.
3. Do you have a driver’s license?
Yes, I do. I’ve had one for 10 years now. I still remember initially failing the test my first two tries, then eventually nailing it (doing it perfectly). Although I don’t use it very often, as I much prefer cycling or walking when possible, it’s still a benefit to have it.
4. At what age are people allowed to drive a car in your country?
Since I’m from a country that was made for cars with hardly any public transportation available, it’s almost necessary to have a car unless you live in a big city. With this said, we allow teenagers to get their license when they’re 16. Although it seems really young, I think it’s necessary to make life more convenient!
5. Do you think it’s difficult to drive a car?
It depends. For example, it’s no piece of cake (something easy) on narrow, crowded streets in a city. In my opinion, it’s extremely difficult to parallel park, so that’s always a big issue for me. Apart from that, I start to feel on edge (stressed) when aggressive drivers tail-gate (drive closely behind you) or beep their horns at me. However, I find driving on wide highways quite easy.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!