Obtuse – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Obtuse: (Adjective) /əbˈtuːs/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
lacking quickness of sensibility or intellect
Dense, Dopey, Dull
For IELTS Speaking:.
“He is a renowned and honourable man, but with regard to this matter he is either being naive or obtuse.”
“But why? – said Charles, being deliberately obtuse.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The oral shield is rhombic but often with an obtuse proximal angle and a convex distal edge.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: analogy, refine, obtuse, inherent, overlap, confined, distorted, temporary, mediate, ceased.
- Czechs and Slovaks share a common national history that began after World War One, and _______________ with the creation of two separate republics in 1993.
- The water _______________ the size of the fish, so they looked enormous.
- The United Nations has been working to _______________ the peace talks between the countries involved in the conflict.
- The will to survive is _______________ in all living creatures.
- We need to hire some _______________ office help during this busy time.
- We can’t watch both the movie and the hockey game on television tonight because the two programs _______________.
- She shows a lot of promise as a violinist, but she needs to _______________ her technique somewhat.
- Political opponents warned that the prime minister’s ___________ approach to foreign policy would embroil the nation in mindless war.
- Economic activity in Mali is mainly _______________ to the area irrigated by the Niger River.
- There can be no _______________ to a nuclear war: it is totally beyond all human experience and comprehension.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017