PTE Exam Fee 2022
The PTE exam fee is a mandatory part of the registration process for every candidate. Once candidates have successfully created their myPTE account and received a confirmation mail within 48 hours of registration, they are required to book their examination slots. The examination fee for the PTE exam needs to be paid during the slot booking process in order to confirm the preferred test slot for a particular candidate.
Naturally, such an important exam has an elaborate process that every test taker must undergo to appear for it. Further, just like any other exam, there are some expenses that examinees must pay to register for the PTE exam.
The article below will cover all the information about the fees and payments that need to be made for the PTE exam and delve into other important information regarding the exam for the benefit of potential candidates.
PTE Exam Fee
Every standardized test is conducted by an organization, and so they need monetary resources to function properly. There are certain costs that an examinee needs to be covered by an examinee when they wish to sit for a test like the PTE to avail the services of the company that organizes the examination. There are various versions of the PTE exam and each one has different registration and exam fees that are fixed based on the country from which a candidate is planning to appear for the exam.
Every country that accepts the PTE has its own set of fees which is updated with the changing times. In this article, the different PTE exams and their respective fees in India will be discussed. They are as follows:
An examination that is conducted around the year, specifically for students who wish to apply for admission to a foreign university or academic institution in an English speaking country.
- PTE Academic Fee – ₹13,700 INR approx.
PTE Academic Online
PTE Academic Online is a version of the PTE that can be given by candidates from the comfort of their home if they are unable to reach a test centre for any reason.
- PTE Academic Online Fee – ₹13,700 INR approx.
PTE Academic UKVI
A Secure English Language Test (SELT), the PTE Academic UKVI, is an English language proficiency test approved by the UK Home Office for all visas that require a 4 skill language test. There is virtually no difference in the exam format between the PTE Academic test and the PTE UKVI test other than the fact that the latter has a slightly different registration process.
- PTE Academic UKVI Fee – ₹14,400 INR approx.
The PTE Home test is another English language proficiency test that the UK Home Office accepts for family and work visas. The PTE Home test is broadly classified into three categories: PTE Home A1, PTE Home A2, and PTE Home B1 English tests.
Each of these exams has a distinct purpose when it comes to applying for UK family or work visas. The approximate fees of each of these exams are mentioned below.
- PTE Home A1 Fee – ₹12200 INR
- PTE Home A2 Fee – ₹12200 INR
- PTE Home B1 Fee – ₹12200 INR
PTE Cancellation Fees
You might wonder what if you don’t want to sit/appear for the upcoming PTE exam and would want to cancel it for a specific reason. For that purpose, the PTE official website has a link where you can cancel your upcoming examination and provides a refund policy. Therefore, you have the liberty to cancel the examination you would otherwise appear for. Having said that, the refund fee entirely depends upon the number of days before the test date when you plan to cancel your exam.
- In case you decide to cancel the upcoming PTE test 14 days preceding the commencement of the exam, you would get a 100% refund of the application fees to your original mode of payment (credit card/ debit card/ net banking). This suggests that you would get an entire amount of 14,700 INR (as of May 2022) to your original mode of payment.
- In case you cancel the exam 7 days before the exam date, you would be eligible to get half the amount of the examination fee incurred, that is, 50% of the total exam fee.
- If you cancel the examination where the number of days is less than 7 days, you won’t be eligible to get any fee refunded.
PTE Rescheduling Fee
In case you don’t want to appear for the PTE test date you initially applied for, you may reschedule the date. You need to go to the official website of the PTE Academic test and reschedule the test date from there. However, similar to what we saw in the case of PTE exam cancellation, the fee incurred for rescheduling depends on the number of days before the exam date on which the rescheduling is made.
- If you reschedule the PTE exam date before 14 days of the exam date, you won’t incur any additional fee and you can reschedule the date without any cost.
- When you reschedule the PTE exam between 8-13 days before the PTE exam date, you will sustain an additional 50% of the exam fee for rescheduling the test date.
- But suppose you reschedule the exam date in less than the aforementioned number of days, i.e., less than 7 days. In that case, you will have to pay an entire examination fee and there will be no relaxation in rescheduling.
Hence, you need to be very careful with the dates and the number of days on which you plan to cancel or reschedule your test if you wish to do so.
PTE Revaluation Fee
You might not be satisfied with your PTE results and you might feel that the scores you got are subpar for your performance on the test. In that case, you may apply for a revaluation of the PTE exam. You will be charged a fee of $100 in the case of revaluation of the PTE scores. Please note that you can apply for a rescoring/rescheduling only in the case of the Speaking and Writing subtest and not for the Listening and Reading sections.
PTE aspirants need to make sure they are well aware of the important details regarding the exam, including the exam dates and test centres
Thus, we can understand that the Pearson Test of English or the PTE is a sophisticated medium used by countless colleges, universities and organizations to ascertain whether a candidate is well-versed in the English language to a degree where they have no trouble in communicating in that vernacular and understanding the lingo in different aspects of social life. Furthermore, there can be several reasons why an individual may choose to migrate to a foreign country which includes higher education, employment opportunities, obtaining permanent residency in the host country, etc.
Thus, there are numerous variants of the same PTE Academic exam to suit the various individual needs of a potential immigrant to help them have a hassle-free immigration process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the PTE exam cost?
How can I pay PTE exam fees?
Is the PTE fee test refundable?
What is the cancellation fee for PTE?
Is PTE rescheduling free?
Post your Comments