PTE Writing Practice Tests 2022
- 1 PTE Writing
- 2 PTE Writing Practice Tests
- 3 Tips to attempt PTE Writing Test
The PTE essay writing task is designed to assess your grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and written discourse abilities. As a result, it’s vital that you comprehend this portion and know what to expect before taking the exam.
Understand the Writing Test Format
The PTE exam’s Writing and Speaking component have seven different questions. But, here, we will discuss only the two types in the Writing section. They are as follows:
|Summarize Written Text||In this question type, candidates are provided with a passage and are supposed to create a summary of the given content. Make sure you cover all of the crucial elements in the reading passage in not more than 75 words. The summary must be written in 10 minutes.|
|Essay||In this question type, candidates are provided with a topic and are asked to compose a 200-300 word essay in response to the provided subject. This component must be completed in 20 minutes by the candidates.|
PTE Writing Practice Tests
Here are some practice tests that you can use to figure out your weak areas and develop your proficiency in preparation for the PTE Writing test:
Tips to attempt PTE Writing Test
Summarize Written Text
Candidates should first skim the text to understand the gist. Next, the word count is located at the bottom of the screen, where applicants can check the number of words they have written. It also has a cut, copy, and paste option that candidates can use while constructing the summary.
In order to use the cut, copy and paste option, candidates can simply choose the text they want to remove and delete it. Candidates can also copy the content using the left-click option. Finally, you can place the cursor where you wish to paste the copied material.
Things to keep in mind while attempting to summarize text questions
There are a few points to keep in mind while creating a content summary. Those are:
- When answering the summary question, make sure to write exactly one sentence, begin with a capital letter, and end with a full stop.
- Ensure that your response is between 5 and 75 words long, and double-check that it fulfils the word count criteria by looking at the total word count column.
- Your response must use complicated to compound phrases that quickly explain the specifics to summarize the passage’s key points.
- This question type’s response is usually graded if all essential issues are covered without misrepresentation.
Candidates must grasp the questions in this inquiry, and the essay should have an introduction, two body paragraphs (except in an opinion essay where you need an extra paragraph), and a conclusion. Candidates must first accurately identify the essay type in order to reply appropriately to the essay.
A typical PTE Writing essay question will consist of many different types, such as –
- Opinion essays
- Discussion essays
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Essays
- Cause and Effect essays
- Direct question essays
Things to keep in mind while attempting essay questions
There are a few points to keep in mind while creating a summary of the content. Those are:
- Before you begin to grasp the question type, make sure you’ve covered all of the main aspects.
- Correctly analyze the essay type to avoid losing any marks.
- Always stick to the essay’s structure. The flow of ideas is aided by structure. A well-crafted response follows a logical framework that connects ideas and explains these connections.
- Ensure that your response is between 200 to 300 words. You will not obtain a point for your essay if it comprises fewer than 120 words and more than 380 words.
Writing section evaluation criteria
The content element of the PTE Writing test is graded by assessing all of the text or essay’s significant points. The most effective response simplifies the core concept and condenses essential supporting facts. Similarly, the information and explanations provided to support the viewpoints in essays have to be proper. Moreover, development, structure, and coherence are scored according to the organization of the response. Ideas are clearly expressed and supported by facts, illustrations, and explanations inside the essay paragraphs.
The response’s format must meet the word requirement criterion. If your word count does not reach the word limit, you will lose points.
The basic structure of a sentence is used to determine if the grammar is accurate. The best response usually consists of the main clause and subordinate clause. In essays, the most acceptable answers contain a high proportion of grammatically correct complete sentences that express the intended message clearly.
Vocabulary is scored according to the relevance of the response. Therefore, it is necessary to employ synonyms correctly. The most suitable answers correctly employ terms from the reading, provide context, and successfully use synonyms to demonstrate language diversity.
Self Study Tips
You can enhance your writing abilities by doing a variety of self-study activities and taking PTEWriting Practice exams online.
The following is a list of activities:
- Write a blog
- Read books, newspapers, or magazines
- Write a daily journal
- Write descriptions in favour or against specific topics
- Summarize lectures, news, sports events that you have read or heard online.