Use Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word:an amount of
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
Key Word:an amount of
A Large Amount of
- Use the correct form of these verbs:
- When the temperature reached 40, we were sweating profusely. We______huge amounts of water to replace lost fluids.
- Sorry, I can’t make the party tonight. I’ve got an enormous / a massive amount of work to______.
- A huge amount of information can be______on a computer’s hard disk.
- Mary______an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom in the morning.
- The new house______a substantial amount of work done to it before we can think about moving into it.
- We______an unbelievable amount of food each week. We’ll need to cut down. We simply can’t afford it.
- Their wedding______an incredible amount of money. No expense was spared.
- The students above me were______a tremendous amount of noise last night.
Common Adjective Collocations
2. Use the following adjectives in these sentences:
- ______amounts of alcohol can damage your liver.
- The______amount of pocket money which teenagers get is around £15 per week.
- It’s a big car with a______amount of space in the back.
- Land mines are designed to cause the______amount of harm to anybody who stands on them.
- The______amount of money raised so far for the charity is approaching one million pounds.
- We only have a______amount of time to complete this task – we can’t continue indefinitely. So let’s get a move on!
- get through
Also check :