Key Word: a list of
1 Verb + list of
Use the correct form of these verbs:
make find leave
cross publish memorise
- We were burgled last night. The police have asked us to __________ a list of everything that’s missing.
- At the back of your handout you will __________ a list of the books that I have referred to during the lecture.
- The English teacher made us__________ the whole list of irregular verbs. It took ages!
- Every year The Times __________ a list of the 30 richest people in the UK.
- My wife went off on holiday and__________ an endless list of things for me to do around the house.
- After his dreadful behaviour at dinner the other night, I have __________ Tim off my list of friends.
2 List of + noun
Complete the sentences with these nouns:
priorities candidates complaints
- We didn’t enjoy our holiday one bit. We have a list of__________ as long as your arm!
- I’ve drawn up a list of__________ that I’d like to interview. I’ve narrowed it down to five people.
- Decorating the bathroom comes a long way down my list of ____________ .There’s a lot more important things to do.
guests ingredients names
- The list of ____________ included 400g of sugar and 300g of butter.
- I think we’d better draw up a list of possible __________ for the wedding breakfast – just so that we have an idea of the problem!
- The police need a list of____________ of all those who witnessed the accident.
Ex 1: l. make 2. find 3. memorise 4. publishes 5. left 6. crossed
Ex 2: 1. complaints 2. candidates 3. priorities 4. ingredients 5. guests 6. names
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Editor (see all)
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing - April 1, 2018
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule - March 26, 2018
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise - November 20, 2017