Key Word: a matter of
Matter of + noun
Complete the sentences with these nouns:
- It was very difficult for my grandfather to refuse to join the army in 1939, but for him it was a matter of ____________. He’s been a pacifist all his life.
- It remains a matter of____________ whether he did the right thing. Some people believe his actions have made the situation worse.
- This is a matter of considerable____________ to me, so I’ll gladly come to the meeting.
- This case is a matter of the greatest____________ to us all and must have top priority – it could be a matter of life and death.
- Don’t worry, you’ll soon learn. Dealing with this type of problem is all a matter of____________ .
- Follow our crash-diet programme and you will see a difference in a matter of____________ .
- It’s only a matter of____________ before they go out of business. They can’t keep losing money at this rate.
- Local residents raised a number of matters of ____________ about the siting of the new airport.
1 conscience 2. dispute 3. interest 4. urgency
5 experience 6. weeks 7. time 8. concern
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Editor (see all)
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing - April 1, 2018
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule - March 26, 2018
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise - November 20, 2017