Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Concern
Concern – A worry about Something
- Use the correct form of these verbs:
- Many doctors have __________ deep concern about the safety of this new drug.
- The build-up of enemy troops on the country’s southern border is __________ great concern.
- I__________ your concern, but don’t worry – I’m all right. I know what I’m doing.
- Public concern is __________ over the number of children who leave school without any kind of formal qualification.
- The headmaster and the staff __________ your concern about what happened on the trip to the zoo. We must make sure something like this never happens again.
- Our concern for the safety of the children must__________ all other concerns.
Focus on Prepositions
2. Complete the sentences with these prepositions:
- We view the situation developing in the Middle East__________ grave concern.
- The little girl hasn’t been seen for two days and there is now growing concern__________ her safety.
- The availability of drugs in schools is__________ great concern to parents.
- There is widespread concern __________ rising crime rates in our cities.
Concern – An Important Thing
3. Match the halves below:
- As a CEO my major concern is
- As aid workers, our overriding concern is
- The Chancellor’s primary concern is
- This hospital’s main concern is
a. to improve the quality of care to our patients.
b. to reduce inflation and improve the economy.
c . to make this company more efficient.
d. to care for the hungry and the homeless.
Now underline the adjectives which mean ‘most important’.
2. Notice these expressions
3. Note the following:
4. Note how we express doubt about something:
5. If we want to talk about our main concern, we can use sole or only:
most important = major, overriding, primary, main
Also check :
Post your Comments