Credit – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Credit: (Verb) /ˈkrɛdɪt/
to believe or admit that someone has a quality, or has done something good.
Attention, Acknowledgment, Acclaim
With adverb: widely credit.
With verb: give something or someone credit.
For IELTS Speaking:
“Evans is credited with inventing the system.”
“You had to give him credit for playing to the sensibilities of his audience.”
For IELTS Writing:
“No more than five candidates could be credited with more than 41,667 votes each.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: achieving, obtained, compute, instituted, credit, residents, evaluated, assisted, primary, site.
- She _______________ the doctor during the operation.
- World chess champion Gary Kasparov was recently beaten by a machine which was able to _______________ its moves almost instantly.
- Fire crews rushed to the _______________ of the plane crash.
- Calcium is the _______________ mineral needed for building and maintaining strong bones.
- The government has _______________ a couple of changes to the driver’s licensing procedure in an attempt to reduce the number of accidents involving new drivers.
- He was more modest than I’d given him ________ for.
- _______________ valid results is a major goal of all research.
- Teachers in the program are _______________ by the students at the end of each session.
- Vitamins are best _______________ through fresh fruit and vegetables, rather than by taking pills.
- Local _______________ are delighted with the new water park for children.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!