Divulge – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Divulge: (Verb) /daɪˈvʌldʒ/
to give someone information that should be secret
Reveal, Disclose, Leak
With noun: divulge detail/ information/ secret
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Later he indiscreetly divulged those details at dinner with Ferdinand Berthoud, though he swore he intended no wrongdoing.”
“In a letter to his House colleagues Thursday, Rangel strongly denied he had divulged confidential information.”
“You just didn’t say those sort of things, or divulge such secrets, about your wife.”
For IELTS Writing:
“San Francisco police say the matter is still under investigation and refuse to divulge details of their probe.”
Match the word below to complete these sentences.
divulge, fabulous, limp, fabricated, fanfare, postnatal.
- For $ 239, you and your Valentine are treated to the same ……………. dinner, and overnight accommodations
- The woman said she ……………….. her testimony because she thought she was going to get a $10,000 reward.
- However the Phoenix Guard never …………… their secrets and no one has ever seen the Chamber of Days and lived.
- With great ………….., the first players in the United States were sold in 1983.
- He studies the little dark face and massages a …………… hand until the fingers curl around his own.
- It may be that you have a form of …………….. depression that needs treatment.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!