Erudite – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Erudite: (Adjective) /ˈerudaɪt/
showing a lot of knowledge based on careful study
Knowledgeable, Literate, Scholarly
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The Cunning Man” is an intricate and erudite work.”
“Gregarious, erudite and energetic, Brezzo could never be accused of thinking in small, ordinary ways.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Accelerating violence and horror eventually hit maximum velocity and warp into nonsense, no matter how erudite the script.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: inevitable, contradict, displaced, ambiguous, random, paragraph, guideline, erudite, terminated, inspect.
- The newly hired secretary had her contract _______________ after she was discovered stealing money from the coffee fund
- Before you begin painting, you should _______________ the walls to see if there are any holes that need to be filled.
- Cuts to the health budget seem to _______________ the premier’s promise to improve health care in our province.
- The ending of the movie was totally _______________. I guess we have to decide for ourselves what really happened.
- My daughter has a computer program with a _______________ pet cat that she feeds and plays with.
- You must follow the _______________ for essay writing to ensure your essay has the proper format.
- Olympic athletes are subject to _______________ drug testing.
- Your _______________ should have a good topic sentence.
- Among themselves, ecclesiastics have become eminently sophisticated and ___________.
- Hundreds of people and their homes were _______________ to make way for the new highway.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017