IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
Some people think that in order to prevent illness and disease, governments should make efforts in reducing environmental pollutions and housing problems. To what extent do you agree to disagree with this statement?
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Problem/Solution Essay of Band 8.0 – Topic: Energy Resources
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in May, 2016 – Band 8.5 Model Argumentative Essay
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 23 and BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 20 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
Band 8.0 Sample Essay
In recent years, the outbreak of rare and new diseases has been preying on the minds of millions of people in the world. Some suggest that the only way to win the battle against illness and disease is to improve the environmental conditions and solve housing problems. As far as I am concerned, I am on the same wavelength with them on this matter.
It is no exaggeration to say that today the environmental pollution has reached its peak and its effects on human, animals and vegetation alike can be grave and irreparable. With each passing minute, hundreds of lives are claimed in the world and their reasons of death are from people’s daily activities – those related to the degradation of the environment. For instance, farmers today are no stranger to the practice of overdosing the farmlands with pesticides and insecticides. Besides, countless factories are poisoning the water with toxic refuse and environmentally unfriendly chemicals. Apparently, if efforts are made in stopping these activities, many people would be saved from unnecessary diseases.
In addition to this, I feel that in order to combat disease, housing problems should be properly addressed; especially in metropolitan areas where accommodation is scarce and people are plentiful. Homeless people who are forced to live in the gutter or in small sewage-ridden, iron sheds on the streets are carrying diseases that are highly infectious. For this reason, they should be provided with sanitary places where they can live so as not to affect the lives of other people.
To conclude, it is my belief that most modern plagues can be prevented if the governments are willing to take the bull by the horns, to introduce and enforce appropriate measures in handling this situation. I hope that future generation enjoy lives with no disease.
- The outbreak of diseases: The time when diseases begin to spread
- I am on the same wavelength with something: I agree with it
- Reach the peak: become severe
- Vegetation (n.) plants in general
- Toxic refuse: toxic chemicals
- Infectious diseases: contagious diseases
- To overdose: To abuse
- Plague (n.) any serious disease.
- To take the bull by the horn: face with problems.
- Enforce (v.) make it happen
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!