Interpret – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Interpret: (Verb) /ɪnˈtəːprɪt/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
To translate spoken words from one language into another.
Translate, Transcribe, Convert.
With verb: help/ need/ understand/ try to interpret
With preposition: interpret as
For IELTS Speaking:
“They spoke good Spanish, and promised to interpret for me.”
“During lunch, Ben interpreted for Sasha, who didn’t speak a word of English.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Some educators worried that international students may not understand totally what teachers said, so they came up with the idea that finding someone who speaks mother languages of international students to interpret the questions and answer for them.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: interpret, specific, data, formula, principle, concepts, major, area, role, established.
- For very young children, the _______________ of truth and lies are not very clear.
- Our society supposedly believes in the _______________ of equality for all.
- They want to build a new shopping mall in an _______________ which is presently forest.
- Doctors are as yet unsure what _______________ diet plays in the development of the disease.
- I don’t know what you mean. Can you be a bit more _______________ about what problems your car is having?
- The old woman couldn’t speak English, so her grandchildren had to _______________ for her.
- The English Language Program at the University of Victoria was _______________ in May of 1987.
- We will need to examine a lot more _______________ before we can make any conclusions.
- Smoking is a _______________ cause of cancer.
- Coca-Cola has a secret _______________ for its beverage that is only known to a small group of people.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017