Licence – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Licence: (Noun) /ˈlaɪsns/
an official document that shows that permission has been given to do, own or use something.
Authorization, Certificate, Charter.
With adjective: valid, special, car, driving, marriage, export, gaming, import, operating, trade, trading licence
With verb: have, hold, buy, gain, get, obtain, win, apply for, make an application for, refuse, revoke, take away licence.
For IELTS Speaking:
“You can buy a TV licence at the post office. “
“The company has won the licence to run trains from the south coast to London.“
For IELTS Writing:
“The government is currently granting no operating licences to foreign“
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: contact, external, precise, capacity, enforced, monitoring, revenue, licences, targeted, whereas.
- In the culture of Zambia, direct eye _______________ with members of the opposite sex is avoided.
- Captain Cook visited Tahiti four times between 1769 and 1777, and drew a _______________ map of the island.
- The terrorists had _______________ the government building for a suicide attack.
- Someone once joked that dogs think you’re family, _______________ cats think you’re staff.
- _______________ devices connect to ports at the back of the computer.
- Our total sales _______________ is expected to top $20 million this year.
- A _______________ crowd of 17,000 fans were packed into the arena to see the final game of the season.
- Environmentalists are _______________ water quality in the area to see if the factory is polluting the river.
- The Taliban government in Afghanistan _______________ codes of dress and behaviour that were especially restrictive to women.
- More than 110,000 marriage _______________ are issued in Las Vegas each year.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017