Mechanism – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Mechanism: (Noun) /ˈmekənɪzəm/
a set of moving parts in a machine that performs a task.
System, Structure, Instrument.
With adjective: firing, locking, steering, trigger, winding mechanism.
With verb: Mechanism operate, work.
For IELTS Speaking:
“The door locking mechanism doesn’t work.”
“The gun froze, jamming the mechanism.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The mechanism for drying the clothes of the washing machine is childproof.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: mechanism, series, summary, despite, communicates, approximate, impose, goal, professional, parallel.
- We watched a news _______________ of the major events of the year on television on New Year’s day.
- My son _______________ with his classmates by e-mail during the summer holidays.
- The Brazilian team scored a _______________ late in the second half to win the game 1-0.
- Teachers shouldn’t try to _______________ their own religious or moral beliefs on their students.
- The road runs _______________ to the border for about 100 miles.
- Outside workers at the university are holding a _______________ of meetings to discuss the possibility of joining a union.
- On the _______________ golf tour, players are allowed 45 seconds per shot.
- She was wearing only a T-shirt and shorts, _______________ the cold weather.
- As a safety feature, this machine has a special _______________ which will shut it off if it begins to overheat.
- The _______________ number of people we will invite is 100.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!