Refurbish – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Refurbish: (Verb) /ˌriːˈfɜːrbɪʃ/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
to decorate and repair something such as a building or office in order to improve its appearance
Renovate, Repair, Recondition
With adverb: completely/ newly/ recently refurbish
With noun: building/ cost
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Two of our laboratories have been completely refurbished recently as part of an ongoing programme of modernisation.”
“It’s first links with Beaverbrook came through refurbishing the Express building in Fleet Street.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The Northmavine factory of Ronas Fisheries is also to be refurbished, at a cost of £630,000.”
Match the word below to complete these sentences.
payable, refurbished, registers, logical, refreshing, palatable.
- Teachers were reminded that school attendance …………….. were actually legal documents.
- If the assisted party is successful, costs may be ……………….. by the opponent in the normal way.
- All she wanted was to feel, to bring this overwhelming sensation of physical pleasure to its …………. conclusion.
- Barley straw is soft and …………………, and is widely used as bulk feed for beef cattle.
- Old classrooms in the main block were ……………. and brought back into use for Sociology and Philosophy.
- Flesh varies from green to orange and is juicy and ……………………
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017