Candid – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing
Candid (Adjective) /‘kændid/
- Use Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: danger
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: condition
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Attitude
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Apology
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Answer
Meaning: telling the truth, even when the truth can be unpleasant or embarrassing
Synonyms: artless, ingenuous, unbiased
Antonyms: guileful, evasive
Collocations: be perfectly/quite/remarkably/ candid about/with
For IELTS Speaking: It is suggested that candidates should be candid with interviewers when they are called for an interview.
For IELTS Writing: The government is remarkably candid about the difficulties that the country is facing.
Bear in mind that a proper grasp of vocabulary is especially important for the IELTS test because it makes up 25% of your mark in IELTS writing and speaking, and also plays an essential role in IELTS Listening & Writing.
Therefore, always keep an eye out for our daily post: Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing.
I hope you found this post useful. If you have any questions please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Ba Nguyen (see all)
- Word Of The Day – Chronic - July 30, 2016
- Word Of The Day – Candid - July 29, 2016
- IELTS Accommodation Vocabulary: Useful Phrases & Expression In IELTS Speaking - July 28, 2016